I am grateful to have been nominated for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers by Charlotte from Our Daly Life. Being awarded by other bloggers is a lovely treat, giving you a virtual cuddle for your blogging efforts. Thanks so much, Charlotte. One of the great parts about blogging is being welcomed into this awesome community of people, supporting each other and taking a really genuine interest in each others’ experiences.
So, I am about to unleash another torrent of random information about myself, prompted by the questions Charlotte has set.
The rules for the award are simple :
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate five blogs.
My questions from Charlotte are:
1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I have a bit of an oddball sense of humour. Things that I find flippin’ hilarious will quite often be met with tumble weed. In some cases, I think I have just chosen the wrong audience, and if that had happened with a different set of people they would have laughed as much as I did. In other cases it is probably just me. However, I have found that actually there are plenty of people who I can share a joke with, so I should probably just be myself and if some people think I’m strange then so be it. So I guess what I’m saying is that I wish I could be a bit more comfortable in my own skin.
2. Shoes – flats or heels?
I love heels, but you can’t go around in them all the time can you? Flats.
3. What is your favourite city?
This London of mine is fabulous. Maybe I haven’t really travelled enough!
4. What pizza topping would you choose?
I find it pretty hard to choose one. I am well known in my family for not being able to make a selection from the menu until the jeopardy of being asked by a waiter or waitress is introduced! My catch phrase is “I’ll go last.”
5. If you could be a person from history to be, who would it be?
I couldn’t handle the pressure of being historically significant. I would rather be someone’s friend, so I could be involved in all of the excitement without any of the scrutiny 😉
6. What’s your earliest memory?
I could tell you lots of intangible things about my early years – waking up in the morning to the sound of my parents in the kitchen with the radio on, the patterns the light made on my bedroom ceiling, kicking a ball back and forth with my dad for hours in the garden, the games I played alone, with my brother or my imaginary friends… I was pretty happy 🙂
7. How long have you been blogging?
I started at the end of February this year.
8. What cocktail/mocktail would you order?
I like the dangerously quaffable fruity ones 🙂 Also, Capirinhas or Mojitos have happy memories for me of drinking with friends in my more carefree years… I obviously didn’t drink enough of them!
9. What was the last thing you took a risk on?
I’m not really a risk taker. I try to let my kids take appropriate risks, such as encouraging Jet to climb to the top of the climbing frame 🙂 I think it is important to let them explore and calculate whether they feel safe to do things for themselves. I won’t always be there to do that for them, after all.
10. Your dream holiday destination, where would you go and with whom?
When we were little, we always went to the same place – the Scilly Isles in Cornwall, about 20 miles from Lands End. It is such a wonderful place, so unspoilt with beautiful beaches to explore. I am certain my children would absolutely love it there, as we did. When they are a bit older I can’t wait to share it with them, and if we’re talking dreams I would ask that we have sunny warm weather please!
- What was the last thing you learnt how to do?
- Who is your best friend?
- What would you say is your best piece of advice?
- What are your favourite charities?
- What was the last thing that made you cry?
- If you were stranded on a dessert island, what would be your luxury item (no boats, obviously!)?
- What is your favourite book?
- Congratulations – you have just been made president of the world! What changes will you make?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Who has been your best teacher, and what did they teach you?
I am a massive cheat with these things – I am only nominating three bloggers. 🙂
I am looking forward to reading your answers – tweet me your links please, people!